Possibly you’re in a season where you feel like you’re drifting without direction? Maybe you recently experienced some disappointments, distractions, or even disconnection over the past season. At times, frustrations or not hitting goals may try to become your identity or reality. What if you’re being set up for a gold medal? What is the mindset of a gold medalist? How do they deal with negative thoughts that can be like crabs in a basket trying to keep them in the basket of conformity? What if the process you’re walking through is the refining moment for a new mindset for launching your business growth?
“Virtually nothing is impossible in this world if you just put your mind to it and maintain a positive attitude.” ~ Lou Holtz
Every gold medalist has something in common, they won the gold medal! As simple as that may sound, all of them at some point had to make a decisive decision in their heart and thinking to get clear, concise and committed! They chose fully into the gold before receiving the award. A pre-gold medalist, despite the adversity, the critics, or events that pop up, has to choose to stay focused! Their committed direction fueled their intention creating the results, and they were awarded the gold medal for the extraordinary!
“Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.” ~ William A. Ward
1. How can you stay laser focused despite the peripheral chatter?
2. How can you respond when events and situations just seem to raise their head on the race?
3. How could you shift perspective and meaning to situations?
A train moving down the track has the momentum and power to break through several feet of concrete and keep moving. At some point, every leader faces giants in their mindsets, old patterns of response, walls of higher heights to overcome and the opinions of critics wanting you to conform.
“Every adversity, every failure, every heartbreak, carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” ~ Napoleon Hill
A gold medalist makes a decisive choice to go beyond the norms of conformity and chooses to embrace a definite purpose. Knowing your clear direction, like a railway that is carved through the wilderness, will lead you to great accomplishments and influence. Ships were made with powerful engines to move through massive waves, a hull to cut through rough seas and navigation equipment leading that ship to its destination. Ships that are adrift can be in a dangerous set up for capsize. Ships typically reach out to another ship for assistance. Maybe you had engine failure with your momentum, who could you reach out to? Let’s explore some possibilities of action:
- What is your business gold medal?
- Ask yourself, what distraction, disappointment or defeat could be flipped and fuel your reason why?
- What is it that causes you to feed and fuel your passion to seize the day?
- What is that one obstacle in business to flip the switch to be a launch site?
- What is it that feeds you and fuels you before the receiving of the gold medal to jump another hurdle, go the extra mile, to create solutions, to make that sales call?
- What if today, this week, this month there is a decisive decision to move in your vision, purpose, and mission for your business?
“Each problem has hidden in it an opportunity so powerful that it literally dwarfs the problem. The greatest success stories were created by people who recognized a problem and turned it into an opportunity.” ~ Joseph Sugarman
Rockets are built for a mission not to sit on the launch pad! Songs are written to be sung! Books are written to be read! Your business is owned by you, to provide world-class solutions to your customers, and serve the community with excellence!
That event or situation is not who you are. Nature has a great model for us – no storm ever lasts. To shift your business from drifting into a decisive direction, let’s explore a few proactive questions.
Decisive Keys of Action:
- Clearly define your direction.
- Concisely write your goals out.
- Communicate your goals out loud daily.
- Collaborate with your team, customers and associates.
- Commitment to daily habits to carry goals.
- Cultivate your vision daily by seeing it.
- Celebrate all actions going in the right direction.
“The only place where your dreams become impossible is in your own thinking.” ~ Robert H. Shuller
TRUFORTH would be honored to explore the possibilities with your personal and business vision! Contact us at Info@truforth.co
You were born for greatness,
CMC, Business Coach, Leadership Trainer, Speaker, Strategist, Coach Trainer, Consultant