Reticular Activating System:
- Do your goals inspire your heart and soul?
- Do your goals empower an emotional connection?
How does the R.A.S. work?
In a very simplistic way, think of something you have purchased that you thought was unique. Then after you purchased it, did you notice how many other people have the same item? Your RAS was activated creating awareness like an active radar and stimulates emotional connection. It is very powerful connecting your goal with a heartfelt reason that empowers your emotion and others around you. This will actually help assist you in creating greater results.
The Power of Emotional Connection?
Intentionally having an emotional connection with your goals daily will help stimulate your RAS and will help to condition your nervous system. Your emotional connection with your goal will assist in attracting and drawing favor, resources and people toward you and your goals. Think of a child who desires a special toy at Christmas or a birthday, and they overflow with zeal. Do you notice how it draws you to their heart? Do you notice the tug fueling you to purchase the gift for them?
“To bring anything into your life, imagine that it’s already there.” ~ Richard Bach
Amplify Goal Results – Four Powerful Keys
Influence Your RAS!
These powerful keys will feed your energy, focus your passion and fuel your momentum!
- READING: Read your goals twice daily. This keeps your goals alive and helps to steer and prioritize your time. Consider placing your written goals in various places so you can read them throughout the day.
- WRITING: Write your positive, present tense goals on paper daily. Your mind/brain will return what you feed it. Like a computer, the software that is uploaded will become its operating system. Think of a garden, it will return what is planted.
- SPEAKING: Speak and declare your goals out loud daily will have a dynamic, multiplying impact on creating greater goal results! This will fuel a connection with your RAS. Speaking your goals out loud will also activate a faith component.
- VISUALIZING: Intentionally visualize your goals. Imagine experiencing your goals within your heart and soul?
Tip: Date Your Goals
Here is an idea: Take a moment daily and see yourself in your completed goal. For example, visualize sitting in your new home, breathing in the cooking, experience the crackling fireplace, the surround sound music, that new home smell, fresh breeze flowing in the windows, cooking in your kitchen, dreamy holidays, your decor, the view out the windows, seeing you and your loved ones connecting. In other words, connecting your goal with your senses and emotions.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” ~ Albert Einstein
Does Your Goal Move You?
Think about it this way, if your goal moves you deeply in a passionate way, it will draw others towards you! Think for a moment about something you’ve accomplished and how that inspired you to move your life or business forward? Do your goals feed a sense of mission? A passionate vision will attach favor and provision! Remember, your mind is so powerful, it’s pursuing something, even subconscious goals. What if a recalibration of intention was put in place through exciting goals?
- What is it about your goals that moves you deep within?
- What is it about your goals that inspires you?
- How will these particular goals add greater value to your life and business after they are complete?
“A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” ~ John Maxwell
Science of RAS
Sciencedirect.com: “(RAS) is a network of neurons located in the brain stem that project anteriorly to the hypothalamus to mediate behavior, as well as both posteriorly to the thalamus and directly to the cortex for activation of awake, desynchronized cortical EEG patterns. The RAS receives input from visceral, somatic, and sensory systems. The neurotransmitters employed in this system include acetylcholine, serotonin, noradrenalin, dopamine, histamine, and hypocretin (orexin).”
We can see the RAS influences our hormones. What’s possible with an emotional connection that fuels greater results?
“Create your way to a better day, you got what it takes!”