What are you building with your goals? Where are your goals taking you? Think of each of your goals as steps on a staircase. Your goals assist in building a staircase that is the next floor of growth. An architect strategically places a staircase to access new places in the building. Your goals should be taking you to a specific destination. Think of when your goals come off the drawing board… Is there a call to action to build a masterpiece? Think of your goals like rooms in a mansion. You are building for a greater purpose.
- What traits, attitudes and mindsets do you need to fully interconnect all your goals to build your masterpiece?
- Are the goals you’re working on part of your masterpiece plan?
- Are your goals yours or someone else’s goals?
“All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one, which sometimes seems impossible.” ~ Orison Swett Marden
Architects: Design and Build a Masterpiece
Think of intentional goals that are building rooms in a beautiful mansion. Your goals are building phases that actually build, feed, fuel and focus you! What is it about the goal you selected that moves your heart and soul? How does this goal fuel your passion? As the architect, what does your imagination see? Can you see the completed vision in advance? Let’s imagine for a moment, what do you see taking place in your business or life now that your goal is complete?
“Man’s mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original dimensions.” ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Mansion Size Goals
For example, the first step on the staircase to building your mansion-size vision with each goal. Let’s use a song as a metaphor. First, did you write the song? What are songs for – to be sung! What is the date you’re singing the song? Who is your audience you’re singing this song to? What is the bigger picture goal with this song or future songs? What if each step of this song and future songs elevated your impact in a bigger way? How large is your audience? What are you wearing? What platforms are you singing from? Who is your choreographer? Who is your sound team? Are you traveling to sing? What is the mansion size influence from this song? Does your song move you? Does your song flow out of your heart? Again, using this metaphor, consider asking what is the bigger picture with your goal?
“We are what and where we are because we have first imagined it.” ~ Donald Curtis
5 Masterpiece Building Keys
- Commitment to Action: “Action attacks fear; inaction reinforces it.” ~ John Mason
- Heart of Contribution: “Only those who learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.” ~ Tony Robbins
- Courageous Personal Growth: “Personal growth is not a matter of learning new information, but unlearning old limits.” ~ Alan Cohen
- Right Mental Attitude (RMA): “A great attitude is not the result of success; success is the result of a great attitude.” ~ Earl Nightingale
- Transformational Speaking: “Words are the most powerful thing in the universe… Words contain faith, or fear, and they produce after their kind.” ~ Charles Capps
Think of your goals as a positive influence to the world around you. It’s not too late to take the first step. Take these 5 Masterpiece Building Keys and start building your extraordinary mansion. Take a step to starting building what you want to see in the world around you.
You got what it takes!